Wollondilly Anglican College recognises that all people are made in God’s image and have the capacity for curiosity, critical thinking and creativity. As image bearers, all students have been blessed with gifts and talents and the College is committed to the provision of strong academic and pastoral care foundations necessary to encourage students with academic and creative gifts to excel. The awarding of scholarships is intended to provide families with financial support to further a student’s education and reward achievement and effort.
The College Headmaster may award a number of scholarships offering partial fee remission for each year in the areas of Academic, Music and Dance. Most scholarships will be awarded for two years and are conditional on the continuation of the relevant criteria being met. They will be available to students currently enrolled at the College or at other schools. Students who will be studying in Years 6, 8 and 10 in 2024 may apply for a scholarship as they enter their next stage of learning.
Applications will open on Monday, 25 September 2023 and close on Friday, 2 February 2024. The closing date is final and late applications cannot be accepted.
Application Process for Scholarships
- For all students not enrolled at Wollondilly Anglican College, an application for enrolment and a $50 application fee will be required.
Academic Scholarships –
- Complete the scholarship application form (see related links) and return it to the Enrolments Officer, Mrs Madilyn Shelley with the supporting portfolio.
- Complete the online application with ACER at https://scholarships.acer.edu.au. (Parents will need to create a Parent Account, from which they can register their child for the scholarship test at Wollondilly Anglican College. A $120 application fee is also payable to ACER as part of the registration process)
- For Academic candidates, scholarship testing will take place at the College on Saturday, 24 February 2024. Students are expected to attend on this date.
Music and Dance Scholarships –
- Parents should complete the scholarship application form (see related links) and return it to the Enrolments Officer, Mrs Madilyn Shelley, with the supporting portfolio.
- Music/Dance scholarships need to be accompanied by a scholarship application processing fee of $120.
- Short-listed students will be required to audition before a panel. Their audition will include pre-prepared performance/s by the student. The performance piece/s they choose to exhibit for their audition should last for between 5 and 10 minutes. The piece/s the student chooses to perform should exhibit a range of skills in their chosen Creative and Performing Arts art form/s. The examiners will also require the students to improvise in their art form/s, following direction provided on the day. There will not be an additional audition fee.
Please click on the links below for the Information Pack and Application form:
Please address all enquiries to the Enrolments Officer, Madilyn Shelley, at the College Office at (02) 4684 2722 or at email@example.com.